- Category: Blog
- Last Updated on January 30, 2015
This Yom Kippur, for the relief of sin, Y'SHUA (JESUS) is indicated!"
Y'shua—Jesus—is God's remedy for the affliction of sin. The mitzvah (commandment) of afflicting one's own soul can be helpful, but there is something even better. Isaiah the prophet says about the Messiah: "He was afflicted for our sins, he was bruised for our iniquities. The chastisement of our peace was upon him, and by his stripes we are healed."
Consult a doctor to see if Y'shua is right for you.* Better yet, consult ten doctors. They give their expert advice in Jewish Doctors Meet the Great Physician, a book you can download for free through the end of Yom Kippur, 2005. But whatever you do, consult God about the problem of sin during this High Holiday season.
In our High Holiday pages for 2009:
- Visit our Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur sections, with articles, poetry, and special resources.
- Send e-cards for the Jewish New Year.
- View "Are You Scared of Getting Cancer?" by Jewish oncologist Jack Sternberg, M.D. Then read the story of his journey of faith to Y'shua.
- Don't forget the free PDF download of Jewish Doctors Meet the Great Physician, featuring personal stories and reflections from Jewish doctors who've come to faith in Jesus.
Wishing you a Gut Yontov and a Happy New Year from Jews for Jesus!
* Side effects may include love, joy, peace, patience, and kindness.