I want to thank those of you who have commented either here or in e-mails in response to the media furor over my remarks at Wasilla Bible Church on August 17th. The comments attributed to me were taken out of context. The notion that the terrorist, bulldozer attack in Jerusalem this summer was Gods judgment on Israel for not believing in Jesus, is absolutely not what I believe. In retrospect, I can see how my rhetoric might be misunderstood and I truly regret that.
Of course I never expected the kind of magnifying glass scrutiny on a message where I was speaking extemporaneously. Let me be clear. I dont believe that any one event whether a terrorist attack or a natural disaster is a specific fulfillment of or manifestation of a Biblical prediction of judgment. I dont believe that the newspaper should be used to interpret the Bible. The Bible interprets the Bible.
I love my Jewish people and the land of Israel. I stand with and support her against all efforts to harm her or her people in any way. Please feel free to read my further explanations, in my Realtime article and in the interviews I did with Christianity Today and NBC.
- Jesus the Messiah
- Did Jesus even exist?
- What are some reasons for believing Jesus is the Messiah?
- What proof do you have that Jesus was the Messiah?
- Is the story of Jesus a rehash of pagan ideas (virgin births, dying gods, etc.)?
- What have some Jewish people said about Jesus?
- Some Jewish Views of Jesus
- How can Jesus be the Messiah when he didn't bring peace?
- Do the genealogies of Jesus in the New Testament show that he can't be the Messiah?
- The Problem of the Curse on Jeconiah in Relation to the Genealogy of Jesus
- Is the idea that Jesus is "coming again" just something Christians made up because he didn't "get it done" the first time around?
- What is the evidence that Jesus rose from the dead?
- Did Jesus teach his followers to hate their parents?
- Was Jesus' death a violation of the commandment against human sacrifice?
- Even if it's true, so what?
- The Bible
- The Jewish Community
- How do Jews who follow Jesus identify as Jews?
- Doesn’t the problem of “Christian anti-Semitism” show the real nature of what faith in Jesus is all about?
- How does following Jesus lead some non-Jews to support the Jewish people and fight anti-Semitism?
- How is faith in God, or in Jesus, possible after the Holocaust?
- Since most Jews are sincere people and happy with their own religion, why isn’t that enough?
- Theological Issues
- Survivor Stories
- Apologetics Links
- Life Stories
- Prophecies of the Messiah in the Hebrew Bible
- Topic Index
- Jesus the Messiah
- Get Involved
- For Congregations