| || |
| || |
| ||But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times. (Micah 5:2)||In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of days and was led into his presence. (Daniel 7:13)|
| || |
| ||Rejoice greatly, O Daughter of Zion! Shout, daughter of Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and having salvation, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey. (Zechariah 9:9)||In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of days and was led into his presence. (Daniel 7:13)|
| || |
| ||The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor. (Isaiah 61:1-2a) (See also Isaiah 11:1-3 and Isaiah 49:6)||…but with righteousness he will judge the needy, with justice he will give decisions for the poor of the earth. He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth; with the breath of his lips he will slay the wicked. Righteousness will be his belt and faithfulness the sash around his waist. (Isaiah 11:4-5) (See also Isaiah 61:2)|
| || |
|He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him. He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed We all, like sheep, have gone astray. . . and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all. (Isaiah 53:2b-6) (See also Psalm 118:22)||A day of the LORD is coming when your plunder will be divided among you. I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it…Then the LORD will go out and fight against those nations, as he fights in the day of battle. On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south. You will flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the LORD my God will come, and all the holy ones with him…On that day living water will flow out from Jerusalem, half to the eastern sea and half to the western sea, in summer and in winter. The LORD will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one LORD, and his name the only name. (Zechariah 14:1-9) (See also Isaiah 11:6-9 and Ezekiel 31:24)|
| || |
|After the sixty-two "sevens," the Anointed One will be cut off and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end,and desolations have been decreed. (Daniel 9:26) (See also Psalm 22:14-18 and Isaiah 53:7-9)||He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed. (Daniel 7:14) (See also Isaiah 9:6-7)|
| ||…because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay. You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. (Psalm 16:10-11)|
- Jesus the Messiah
- Did Jesus even exist?
- What are some reasons for believing Jesus is the Messiah?
- What proof do you have that Jesus was the Messiah?
- Is the story of Jesus a rehash of pagan ideas (virgin births, dying gods, etc.)?
- What have some Jewish people said about Jesus?
- Some Jewish Views of Jesus
- How can Jesus be the Messiah when he didn't bring peace?
- Do the genealogies of Jesus in the New Testament show that he can't be the Messiah?
- The Problem of the Curse on Jeconiah in Relation to the Genealogy of Jesus
- Is the idea that Jesus is "coming again" just something Christians made up because he didn't "get it done" the first time around?
- What is the evidence that Jesus rose from the dead?
- Did Jesus teach his followers to hate their parents?
- Was Jesus' death a violation of the commandment against human sacrifice?
- Even if it's true, so what?
- The Bible
- The Jewish Community
- How do Jews who follow Jesus identify as Jews?
- Doesn’t the problem of “Christian anti-Semitism” show the real nature of what faith in Jesus is all about?
- How does following Jesus lead some non-Jews to support the Jewish people and fight anti-Semitism?
- How is faith in God, or in Jesus, possible after the Holocaust?
- Since most Jews are sincere people and happy with their own religion, why isn’t that enough?
- Theological Issues
- Survivor Stories
- Apologetics Links
- Life Stories
- Prophecies of the Messiah in the Hebrew Bible
- Topic Index
- Jesus the Messiah
- Get Involved
- For Congregations